Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular.
It makes because this plant has numerous wonderful properties that will have a positive impact on your body. One of the things that are rarely mentioned is how coconut oil can impact the toenail fungus.
Toenail fungus and coconut oil
Now, if you ever had experience with toenail fungus, you probably know how tricky this condition is. You can use drugs for it, but unfortunately, most of the products have very strong side effects. This is why people opt for alternative medicines such as coconut oil.
In this specific case, coconut oil will affect the toenail fungus because of its antioxidant properties. It also has a terrific impact on your immunity and overall wellbeing, which is another perk.
We also have to mention that coconut oil is great because you can use it at your home. There is no need to expose yourself to doctors!
Here are some of the main things you need to know about this fantastic product.
Don't close this page.
How to apply coconut oil on fungus-infected toenail?
Using coconut oil for toenail fungus is pretty straightforward. You won't have to hassle or even ask other people for assistance.
The only issue is the fact treatment may last for a while. Still, that is much better than risking your health with volatile drugs!
Here is how you apply it:
1) First, make sure that both your feet and hands are clean. You will have to dry them afterward properly
2) Put coconut oil on your hands. Don't overdo it, though. This oil is usually sold in a solid form which is why you will have to roll it in your hands to warm it up
3) Start applying the oil. Make sure it also reaches underneath your nails
4) Leave it be for at least 10 to 15 minutes
5) You can combine coconut oil with some other natural solutions such as tea tree oil
There you go!
As you can see, it is pretty simple. The only thing you will have to keep in mind is that coconut oil therapy lasts for a while, so you will have to be very disciplined.
Do it regularly, and you will relatively quickly solve the issue.
How to choose the right type of coconut oil?
As you can presume, not every coconut oil is of good quality.
Nowadays, companies are doing their best to increase the profits diluting the oil and adding various substances that shouldn't be there. This makes it a bit harder for people who have no experience with the product.
So, you will have to be very careful when making your purchasing decision. Given that the treatment can last for a while, the last thing you need is to mess it up.
That would force you to redo everything from scratch.
Here are the four essential features of quality coconut oil:
- 100% pure
You don't have to be a genius to realize how important it is for coconut oil to be organic. You also need to pay attention to cold-pressed and unrefined features as they have better antioxidants, which are crucial for the process.
Oftentimes, companies will tinker a bit too much with their coconut oil, resulting in a lower-quality item than needed. Ideally, it would be best if you got coconut oil straight from nature, but we know this is impossible.
It is also vital for a product to be 100% pure. That way, there will be no additives in it. While some additives are harmless and will not affect chemical composition too much, some of them will completely ruin it.
One good way to figure out whether or not coconut oil is useful is if you can use it orally.
Let's talk about this next.
Consuming coconut oil
Here is an interesting thing that most people don't know: coconut oil can also provide amazing results when ingested!
It basically provides the same health properties no matter how you take it. Of course, when treating toenail fungus, it will be most effective when applied to fungus itself. However, you can hasten the treatment by also ingesting it.
In fact, many people use this incredible product as a food supplement. That in itself, tells how powerful it is.
So, what makes it so great?
Coconut has many saturated fats, including caprylic acid, linoleic acid, and lauric acid. They can help you in various ways. For example, when ingested, lauric acid creates monolaurin, which is a great matter for destroying various pathogens (like fungi).
Even if you're not affected by fungus, numerous health experts recommend the consummation of this product.
Coconut oil has been used for such a long time for various health conditions, and it is about time we start using it on a larger scale!
How to increase the effectiveness of the product?
There are some additional things that you can do to increase the effectiveness of the product.
As previously mentioned, you can combine it with various other substances, thus hastening the recovery process. Coconut oil is completely harmless and will not react in a negative way when mixed with other substances.
Here are the top 3 of our suggestions:
- Create an anti-fungal foot soak by combining various healthy products. For example, previously mentioned, tea tree oil is another excellent natural solution to this problem. Mix tea tree oil with water and put your feet in it. After 10 to 15 minutes of soaking, dry your feet and apply coconut oil
- Vinegar can also help out. It is one of the oldest natural remedies that we have, but for some reason, people have stopped using it. Apple vinegar can be used for soaking your feet, or you can apply it directly. It has a similar application as tea tree oil
- You can also use various essential oil. Again, you would have to make a foot soak. Keep in mind that most essential oils are powerful so you will just have to put a few drops in water, and you will have your mixture
There you go!
If you have to treat toenail fungus, there are very few natural solutions that are as good as coconut oil. Try one of these treatments, and we are confident that you'll have great results!