If you ever wondered how to make CBD oil, you've come to the right place!
Like all other marijuana-related product, this one is gaining popularity in the last several years. It can help with various medical conditions, and it can also serve as a potent supplement.
Although there are lots of quality products online, you can also make your own CBD oil. By doing so, you can get a cheaper product while also ensuring that it's 100% pure.
What is CBD? How does it impact our bodies?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is a strong component of marijuana, which can be used for various conditions. According to studies, there are approximately 110 different cannabinoids in cannabis plants. The CBD substance is able to connect to our receptors, thus altering inner processes. By doing so, we are able to boost our metabolism and treat some medical conditions.
We are still not fully aware of marijuana's medical potential. We require more research in order to understand this fantastic plant fully. At this point, the studies have shown that cannabis can provide relief when treating anxiety, depression, muscle spasms, insomnia, some degenerative conditions, pain, etc. It is most commonly referred to as a substance that can help cancer patients as well as people who are suffering from mental conditions.
CBD works by regulating various things in our body, including appetite, sleep, immunity, mood, temperature, memory, etc. It is a one-in-all product that will help you out regardless of the problem you're facing.
Why should you consider using CBD oil?
Based on the section above, you can easily conclude that CBD oil is a great substance.
The best thing about CBD is that it's completely natural. Unlike some other strong chemical compounds, this product will not cause extreme side effects. It is especially powerful for pain, which is why so many people are using it. CBD oil can also work well as a supplement. It will improve our vitamin and mineral levels.
Another critical thing to note is that CBD oil doesn't have THC. In other words, you will not get high when using it. This is pretty awesome as it allows you a long-term usage of the item. You won't have to worry about the common side effects that marijuana is otherwise causing. Also, you won't become hooked when using it.
So, how to make CBD oil exactly? Try these 2 methods:
There are 2 main approaches to making CBD oil. The first one is the oil method, and the second one is the alcohol method. Let's go through the step-by-step processes. Keep reading!
The Oil Method
Generally speaking, this is the safer, more common way of extracting the substance. The most important thing worth noting is that you will need additional career oil for this process. You can use almost anything, but most people are relying on good old olive oil.
Given that you will be extracting oil from marijuana, you have to keep in mind that the cannabis quality is crucial for the oil's quality. Luckily, there are a lot of reputable marijuana companies where you can find the top-notch strains.
Here is how to do it:
- For starters, you will need to find the right buds, stems, and leaves. Focus on those that look the healthiest. It is imperative for cannabis to go through the process of decarboxylation. You can do it yourself by baking leaves and buds at 220 degrees Fahrenheit for 100 90 minutes. This way, you will activate the important chemical properties of marijuana.
- Now, you will have to take the baked weed and ground it. Put it in a jar and add the oil. Depending on what you need, you can either add more grounded cannabis or more oil.
- Once these two have mixed well, you should put them in a bowl. Make sure no water or steam can enter the mason jar
- Take one of the pans and put a towel underneath it. Now, place the mason jar on top of it and fill the pan with water
- You will have to check the pot all the time so that the water doesn't evaporate. The mixture needs to simmer above the stove for 3 hours. After that, it needs to stay there for another 3 hours
- When you're done, it is better to heat the oil for an additional 3 hours. Lastly, make sure to leave the mixture overnight
- Store it in a dark place
The Alcohol Method
While the oil method is regarded as safer, the alcohol method is easier and doesn't require any cooking skills or equipment. The most significant benefit of using alcohol is that it doesn't leave and odor afterward.
Here is what you need to do:
- Get a glass or ceramic bowl from your kitchen. Put cannabis into it and then cover it with alcohol. However, don't overdo it by putting too much alcohol. Stir the mixture for 5 minutes. When it's over, take a wooden spoon and take out the resin
- The second step involved sieving. You will have to strain the whole mixture from the bowl. Try to get as much as possible
- Take a double boiler and pour the extracted oil into it. Start heating until it starts boiling. You will need to make sure that alcohol evaporates from the mixture. But don't raise the temperature! Oil needs to simmer for 30 minutes on a low temperature. Once the alcohol evaporates, turn off the stove and mix the remains
- Cool it off, put the mixture in an appropriate bottle and place it somewhere dry and dark
Getting the right marijuana
As previously mentioned, it is vital to buy the right marijuana. High-quality cannabis goes a long way when making CBD oil. Don't try to save money as your end-product will be subpar.
There are lots of great online stores where you can purchase marijuana. If you wish, you can experiment with different strains. This will lead to different, exciting results.
Anyway, now you know how to make CBD oil by yourself. Test the two methods and let us know how they went in the comments below.