For several thousand years, people have used hemp and its derivatives for numerous medical issues. From helping to cure skin diseases to possessing neuroprotective compounds, hemp is really an all-rounder in the medical world. Unfortunately, people began to abuse it and focused more on its psychoactive abilities, causing it to get banned.
Thankfully, the United States’ government realized the numerous benefits that you can gain from the use of the product. As such, the laws were revisited recently. Now, unless the product has more than 0.3% THC content, it is legal and allowed in most states in America.
With the renewed liberty, people have, once again, began including it in products. While there are numerous variations of hemp derivatives, one of the most popular today remains hemp lotion. Like every other lotion in existence, you apply it topically. However, unlike some others that merely smell nice, this lotion actually has quite a lot of benefits to offer.
What are the benefits of using hemp lotion?
Hemp, in general, is beneficial to your health. However, it comes in different forms, some of which are ingested orally. Since hemp lotion is applied topically, its benefits differ slightly from others.
Here, we will be giving you three essential things that you stand to gain from using the lotion. They are:
A rich supply of minerals and vitamins
At the very least, you must have a relatively balanced supply of specific vitamins and minerals. Without them, you would be exposing yourself to the unsavory consequences of each deficiency.
With the use of hemp lotion, you can be sure that you have a source of at least thirteen of these vitamins and minerals. They are:
- Vitamin A: This is particularly useful in the fight against wrinkles. They (the wrinkles) might be as a result of an excessive amount of stress, or it could just be that stage in life. Regardless of their source, the presence of Vitamin A in your hemp lotion can help you to keep your skin looking young and radiant.
- Vitamin B1: This vitamin has anti-aging properties. Old age is something that should be taken with grace and an appreciation for long life. However, when the looks start to set in prematurely, it becomes a source of perturbance. With this vitamin present in your lotion, you have one more weapon in your arsenal to prevent this problem.
- Vitamin B2: These help in protecting the skin from any damages that could be caused by free-radicals. A free radical is a molecule in your body that is unstable and has the potential to damage cells. They usually come into existence when molecules lose or gain electrons during regular metabolic processes. Vitamin B2 protects you from them.
- Vitamin B6: Dealing with acne and similar skin conditions can be a bit of a hassle for most. This is largely so because of their stubborn nature. With a proper supply of this vitamin through your hemp lotion, you can treat them with a relative amount of ease.
- Vitamin D: For smooth lines on your skin, like little dark spots as possible, and just the right amount of elasticity, you need this vitamin.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin reduces the rate at which your skin gets dry. In addition to that, it acts as a sort of sunblock by boosting your defense against the sun’s UV rays.
- Calcium: Apart from being great for the bones, it is also excellent for skin growth and regeneration.
- Magnesium: This is particularly useful in balancing your homes and improving cellular processes in your skin.
- Iron: With this, you will have fewer worries about those unnerving black circles and the paleness that sometimes sets on your skin.
- Manganese: Collagen is a protein in the body. In the most basic terms possible, its main job is to hold the body together. Manganese aids its production, and one of the different places you can find manganese is in hemp.
- Potassium: Just as it can be found in bananas, it can be found in hemp as well. It works excellently to help you to moisturize your skin.
- Zinc: This is an antioxidant that helps the skin to heal.
- Phosphorus: Many of the vitamins we mentioned earlier are B vitamins. Well, phosphorus assists your body in utilizing those vitamins to gain maximum benefit from them.
Hemp lotion should not be your only source of these nutrients. Nevertheless, it goes quite a distance in maintaining healthy skin.
Offers healing for uncomfortable skin conditions
Technically speaking, there is hardly any skin condition that does not bring one form of discomfort or the other. However, there are some skin conditions that not only look bad but feel bad too. They come along with this unnerving itchiness that can be rather difficult to deal with. This is besides the embarrassment that can ensue from constantly scratching yourself in public.
Two good examples are eczema and psoriasis. Psoriasis is a condition that begins when the cells inside your skin divide much faster than they should. Division speed can be up to ten times more than normal. The resulting effect of this is a build-up of patches that are red, bumpy, and have white scales on them. More often than not, you’ll find them on your lower back, knees, and elbows.
Hemp can help you to slow down the process of growth and division. Thus, providing a relatively effective solution to psoriasis. Additionally, the hemp seed oil found in your lotion has anti-inflammatory properties that work excellently in calming skin conditions like eczema.
A useful supply of essential fatty acids
For the body to function properly, it needs fatty acids on the inside and on the outside. These fatty acids, alternatively known as omega acids, assist the body in maintaining good health, among other things. Unfortunately, despite the numerous benefits that come along with them, the human body cannot produce fatty acids on its own. That is, you are entirely dependent on external sources to get your required fix.
Two of the important fatty acids your body needs are omega 6 (Gamma-Linolenic acid) and omega 3. When ingested, these acids are greatly and positively impactful on the health of your brain and your skeletal system. In addition to that, they also aid in reproductive and metabolic functions. However, apart from these, they go a step further and offer benefits for your skin as well. One of the most noteworthy of those is that they help to stimulate skin growth.
These two essential fatty acids are often found in fish oil. Unfortunately, the deteriorating state of the earth’s oceans doesn’t make fish oil the safest option for getting your Omega 6 and Omega 3. Thankfully, hemp lotion has a rich supply of these two acids. Also, since they are not gotten from the oceans, you can trust their safety. This is so because they are not likely to have been exposed to mercury or any such toxins.
The skin is the largest organ in the human body. Considering its size, it is only logical that you take care of it properly. Using hemp lotion is a great way to do so. There are several of them available for purchase on Amazon. Simply make an order and start giving your skin the luxury it deserves.